Women in Bio – Boardroom Ready
Nona Footz, Client Partner with Coulter Partners, looks forward to hosting and presenting this virtual “Boardroom Ready” workshop in August to Women in Bio.
We have delivered “boardroom ready” programs for Deloitte and Women in BIO in the past, are running a session for the Healthcare Women’s Business Association in September and we also conduct workshops for existing board clients who want to learn more about how to promote gender diverse director candidate slates. We find that participants enjoy the tactical nature of our discussion (i.e. they can “do” something with what they learn in the session) and it also gives them insight into an area that is traditionally mysterious and difficult to navigate.
We set the context for a “safe discussion” and encourage questions, personal experiences, anecdotes, and actual client scenarios to give the topic more relevance and life while encouraging a strong peer-to-peer community among executive level leaders.
This will be a virtual event via Zoom and a session on “Zoom etiquette” will be included, so participants know how to present themselves most effectively on camera.
• Tools and Tactics To Be “Boardroom Ready”
• Getting to the “Why?” – Building Your Board Appeal
• Benefits of Joining a Board – New Opportunities, Making an Impact, Networking
• Resume Versus a Bio – Which one do I need?
• Working with Recruiters versus Networking
• Having a Targeted Game Plan
• What does a search process entail?
• How long will it take for me to get on a board?
• What are nominating/governance committees looking for?
• What is my “board specialty”?
For further information please visit womeninbio.org