SHOWCASE: US and Global Executive Search Highlights
Life Sciences Search Expertise – USA
Coulter Partners US business has evolved rapidly since the company’s inception in 2003. We operate through four key US offices from which 20 experts work as a seamless North American practice, hiring leadership for US companies and also for the US operations of European and other internationally headquartered businesses.
Our largest concentrations of work are in the East Coast hubs of Massachusetts, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and on the West Coast, all over California.
Our passionate Life Sciences search professionals work across biotech, medtech, pharma, CROs and healthcare IT. Collaborating as part of a global team of 75, with colleagues operating from an additional six European offices, the US team is adept at executing each assignment with a truly global perspective and diverse candidate pool.
Our US team has successfully completed over 150 assignments in the last few years, for clients ranging from big pharma market leaders to small cap biotech, med-tech, digital-tech and diagnostic companies at the cutting edge of industry. Our relationships with the investor community are deep and transatlantic. Assignments vary from C-suite and board to VP and Senior Director, spanning commercial, R&D, manufacturing, medical and functional leadership roles. We also hire senior investment professionals.
A selection of recent US work is illustrated below. More news to follow!
- Chief Executive Officer for a Houston based clinical-stage company developing a new class of pain analgesics.
- Chief Financial Officer for a west-coast, NASDAQ-listed specialty pharma company which is a leader in the development of addiction pharmacotherapies. The successful placement was a seasoned CFO with a strong background in Life Science public companies.
- Independent Board Director for a public, immuno-oncology biotech company, seeking to add oncology experience to the Board. Two Directors were ultimately appointed, both accomplished oncology biotech CEOs with significant Board experience; one based West and the other East Coast.
- Chief Medical Officer for a Boston based NASDAQ-listed global biopharmaceutical company, primarily developing innovative medicines for major CNS disorders, such as schizophrenia, addiction, depression and MS. The successful appointment was an accomplished medic from a large global biotech, with significant leadership and project management experience.
- Vice President of Lab Operations for a mid-size, publicly held Massachusetts developer of cancer-diagnostics technology and molecular information. Our appointment in Raleigh, NC was responsible for managing the development of a new operational site and preparing for FDA approval.
- Vice President, Clinical Operations for an Austin, TX based public biotechnology company committed to developing engineered human enzymes for the treatment of cancers and rare diseases; the role supported a newly appointed Chief Medical Officer.
- Chief Medical Officer for a Cambridge based developer of disease-modifying therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. The successful placement brought deep research, clinical and regulatory expertise at a crucial time in the company’s pipeline development.
- Vice President, Biostatistics & Data Management for a California based leading global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests, reporting to the Chief Medical Officer and Head of Translational Sciences.
- Chief Medical Officer for a privately held, early-stage developer of nanomedicine technology based in Salt Lake City; the placement, a physician with vast biotech experience in development and pharmacovigilance, was also appointed as a key member of the Executive Team.
- Two positions, Head of Program Management and Head of Regulatory Affairs for a Boston and UK based, NASDAQ-listed specialty pharmaceutical company focused on women’s health.
- Two US-based Independent Directors, for a European clinical stage biopharmaceutical company involved in the discovery and development of epigenetic therapies to treat oncology and neurodegenerative diseases.
- US-based Chief Financial Officer for a European and US cancer immunotherapies leader, to lead the finance strategy (including a NASDAQ-IPO), contribute to the success of US operations and act as CFO for the entire organisation.
- General Manager/Vice President Sales & Marketing US for a Scandinavian commercial-stage medical devices company working in the field of ortho-biologics, to develop and execute commercialization strategies in critical U.S. and international markets.
by Neha Rajdev, Business Intelligence Associate